Hypnosis and meditation can spark change and growth. How can this help you reach your goals?
Hypnosis and meditation are processes that physically relax the body and access states of mind that combine deep mental relaxation with focused awareness. They differ in how awareness is focused, and can be used separately or in combination to effectively build pathways for change. My role is that of a guide and a collaborator to help you reach hypnotic or meditative states and work towards your goals.
In hypnosis, mental processes of judgement and critical thinking are bypassed to access the unconscious mind, which can then accept suggestions towards reaching your goals and making changes in your life without critical self-talk getting in the way. You’re still in control through the whole process. Hypnosis will only work if you truly want to make a change and if the suggestions work with your personal beliefs, desires and goals. That’s why defining your goals, beliefs and desires is a primary part of our work together.
In meditation, awareness can be focused primarily in the conscious mind. This can be helpful in many ways, including enhancing focus and concentration, becoming aware of thoughts or feelings that may be hindering you, and learning how to gain control over your state of mind and emotions. The things you discover in meditation can also be used to develop hypnotic suggestions tailored specifically for your needs.
Hypnosis and meditation have a wide range of applications including:
- Relaxation, stress and anxiety reduction
- Changing unwanted behavior, thought or emotional patterns (e.g., worrying, smoking, nail biting)
- Mediating or eliminating chronic pain or side-effects of medical therapies such as chemotherapy
- Mediating chronic problems such as migraines, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic fatigue
- Improving performance in sports as well as art, speaking, music and other endeavors
- Overcoming fears and phobias
- Resolution for trauma
- Expanding creativity and motivation
- Exploring dreams
- Resolving inner conflicts
…and much more.
What are your goals? What do you want to change in your life? Contact me and let’s talk about how hypnosis and meditation can help you.